Alpinestars Supertech SM5 Rover Black Camo Helmet
Alpinestars MX Helmet
The all-new Alpinestars SM5 helmet is the result of more than five years of intensive study, development and testing. We scrutinized every possible aspect to engineer a helmet that is safe and thoughtfully designed to deliver optimal protection and comfort.
Alpinestars S-M5 Motocross Helmet
This lightweight SM5 helmet features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection and lightweight, while the five density EPS liner ensures the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
Other key design features include an engineered raised area with padding to effectively reduce the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- The lightweight outer shell is constructed from a technologically advanced impact-resistant thermoplastic in two sizes
- The inner and outer surfaces are engineered to minimize the effects of oblique impacts
- Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption
- Patented visor release system ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports
- The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow
- Side shell couple with soft EPS foam prevents damage to collarbone in the event of a crash
- Emergency release system and removable cheek pads permit the safe and easy removal of the cheek pads while the helmet is still on, while the 3D contoured foam ensures rider comfort
- Removable comfort liner with Silverplus® treated anti-bacterial fabrics for excellent moisture wicking, effectively drawing perspiration away from the skin
- Anti-microbial liner is removable and washable
- Hydration tube channels are integrated into the helmet’s cheek pads for convenience and performance
- The soft textile chin strap is 26mm and is wider than certification requirements for optimal safety and rider comfort
- Stainless steel D-rings to ensure a tight and secure fit
Patented Visor Release System
Allows visor to release in a crash with the correct pre-determined amount of force regardless of the angle of impact
HiPro High Impact Polymer Parametric Shell
A polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness engineered to provide an optimum combination between impact protection and weight.
5 Density EPS Helmet Liner
The right density in the right area for impact absorption.
Integrated cheek pad loops hold hydration hose
Integrated Collarbone Protection
Engineered raised & padded area reduces forces transmitted to the collarbone
Oblique Impact Protection
Inner and outer surfaces engineered to minimize the effects of an oblique impact
Heat mapping tests have resulted in specifically designed ducting which produces a positive flow into the helmet over and around the rider’s head, improving comfort while riding and reducing the on-set of heat stress in extreme conditions.
The visor design of the S-M5 is also an integral part of the ventilation system as it is profiled to direct airflow, acting as a channel to concentrate and smooth the flow into the shell. The Supertech M5 liner design is formed to optimize airflow channelling around the rider.
Emergency Release System (ERS)
The side cheek padding of the S-M5 can be extracted efficiently and safely, while the helmet is still on the rider’s head, to allow ease of removal by trackside support and medical staff.
Chin-strap: Wider than certification requirement: 26 mm for comfort and produced with a double D-ring.
Weight: Reduced by design while allowing the Supertech M5 protection to be class-leading.
Weight is both a factor in riding performance and safety in a helmet and to ensure the S-M5 offers the ultimate in weight-saving performance enhancement, the material selection, preparation and construction of the helmet has been rigorously analysed for weight to strength and energy absorption properties and a strict analysis of all the components used in the Supertech M5 finishing.
Weight of S-M5 is 1260g for size Medium (ECE) - 1370g for size Medium (DOT)
XS 53cm - 54cm
S 55cm - 56cm
M 57cm - 58cm
L 59cm - 60cm
XL 61cm - 62cm
XXL 63cm - 64cm